Hi there this is my 1st Recipe I am posting here. This is a simple and easy to make hearty tomato soup. This is one of the most delicious soups which can be made quickly and enjoyed with a crusty piece of fresh bread.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Servings: 2 portions
450ml Peeled Tomatoes (whole tinned tomatoes)
1 Onion (medium size, peeled and chopped finely)
2 Garlic Cloves (peeled and chopped finely)
1 Medium Carrot (peeled and chopped finely)
3tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
100ml Orange Juice (juice from a packet with 100% fresh juice will be fine)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pot in medium heat.
- Add Onions, Garlic and Carrots.
- Cook until onions look transparent and lightly brown.
- Add the peeled tomatoes, lightly crushed with your hands.
- Add the water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Without the lid, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the orange juice.
- Put the soup into a juice mixer or using a hand blender, puree into a smooth soup.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream.
- You can double this recipe and keep half of it frozen in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To freeze, wait until completely cooled and put inside freezer bags or freezer containers and seal properly before freezing.
- To defrost you can either use defrost settings on a microwave oven or keep the container or freezer bag in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes before serving.